Monday, July 23, 2012

No, that's not my child

Since making the first one, I'm hair bow obsessed!  I've been pinning various tutorials because I'm bound and determined to master the art of hair bow making.  So imagine the jackpot I hit when, after coming out of Bed Bath & Beyond, I saw over at Michael's a bin filled with spools of ribbon for $1 each!  I totally stocked up on the cute ones I found and had to stop myself from buying everything.

Since I needed more clippies for said hair bows, CSC and I went inside to check out what they had.  It is virtually impossible for me to just go into a store straight to what I need, get it and walk out without looking around the entire store.  Even Lowe's or Home Depot!  It's like a sickness, really.  Well, as we were going through the store, I'm sure many of the lovely shoppers knew my daughter's name since I had to call it so frequently due to her wandering tendencies of "Ooh Mommy!  Look at this!" or "I want this, Mommy."  It's times like this when I think child leashes are a God-send and wish I'd had one.

We get to where they sell the clippies and they are out of the ones I need.  Poop.  Oh well, off to pay for my shit ton of ribbon.  After the almost 10 minutes it took us to get to the line because CSC had to stop and pick up those flowers and then find a price sticker only to throw it repeatedly and then she had to pick up some wooden pieces meant for painting and ask what each one was and then she had to check out the $1 stationary bin.... I felt like that old school Bill Cosby bit where he talks about the little boy, Jeffrey, on the airplane and the mother is constantly going: "Jeffery!  Will you come here, Jeffery! Jeffrey!  JEFFREY!"  That was me with CSC.

So we're waiting in line and as we wait, CSC wants to rearrange the lollipops in the display.  Ok, fine. She's not bothering anyone...she's quiet...no worries. Then it gets to the point where we are next and I try to coax her away from the display.  She tells me she's busy....something she says quite often now when she doesn't want to do what you ask.  I tell her that when it's our turn, I'm going to go and leave her.  She says, "No, Mommy. Stay here."  I tell her I can't and then I realize it's my turn.  I say to her, "Ok, it's my turn.  I'm going.  Bye."

I turn the corner to go to the next available register when I hear it.....
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! 
Followed by the most high pitched, blood curdling scream.  It was like she was getting stabbed or something.  I'm sure the other customers were staring at me.  God only knows what they were thinking, but I honestly don't care.  I got up to the cashier and said to her "That child is not mine."  Meanwhile I was wishing a hole would open beneath me and swallow me up, or that I could at least do this:
I often tell myself in these situations that there is nothing I did wrong, nor was there anything I could do at the time, except ignore it so she'd stop.

CSC did come running up to me, crying like she was just told Santa wasn't real, and grabbed onto my leg....so I kind of had to claim her at that point.  As I took my bag, I apologized to the cashier, and quickly walked out of Michael's.

On the way to the car, I told CSC she provided a great deal of birth control for many shoppers that day.  Her response?  To fall asleep in the car like a little bitch angel, and stay that way the whole ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...