Friday, July 20, 2012

"I'm a BIG girl!" - CSC

Recently, my daughter has adequately reminded everyone who has told her she is a little girl that she is, in fact, a BIG GIRL.  Not to brag....well, maybe a little...when I was grocery shopping yesterday three separate people stopped CSC and me to let her know she was a pretty little girl.  CSC did not hesitate to correct them with: "NO, I'm a BIG girl!"  And so it begins....
My daughter, wearing an outfit of her choice, doing her "FABULOUS" pose.
Since CSC is no longer a little girl, it was high time to move to a big girl bed.  When we registered for her bedroom furniture, we didn't take into account the fact that the company could discontinue that model.  And that is exactly what happened to us.  Months ago, I went on a wild hunt for the full size bed rails to convert the crib to a bed.  I figured there was no point in going to a toddler bed, buying those rails too.  Total waste of money.  Now before you judge because you have just realized that she's 3 and still in a crib, the pediatrician said there was no rush to move her and if she was cool with sleeping in a crib, then so be it.  Plus, I needed to have The Husband home in order to put the bed together.  Not that I'm incapable, so not the case, it was just a two person job.  And what do you need for a full size bed?  Why a full size mattress, of course!

TH is "home" this weekend because of a work function that just so happened to be here, so we decided this was the weekend we'd finally convert the crib and get our kid a mattress.  We went to Rooms to Go Kids where the lady there was clearly in need of a glass of Chardonnay, or a smile, whatever.  She showed us two mattresses and tried to convince me the box spring was a necessity when I could get a smaller platform to help support the mattress (less expensive than the box spring, BTW).  I told her that I wanted the bed lower to the ground since my daughter is part pygmy and I didn't want her to struggle getting in and out of bed.  Debbie Downer said that not getting a box spring would make the bed lower to the ground, so obviously I wanted a box spring.  Yes, you read that right....clearly, Debbie needed to pay attention.  After getting the details - how much and when it would be delivered (in 2 weeks! WTF!!) - we said thank you, collected CSC from off the top of a bunk bed and headed next door to Mattress Plus.  The guy there was super helpful, as he had a 3 yr. old himself.  He recommended several mattresses and suggested we also try them out since, let's be honest, there are going to be times when we'd be sleeping in there.  We decided on a mattress that has some of the memory foam qualities, but is still sturdy.  It came with a 10 year warranty, AND the mattress cover comes with a 10 year warranty too.  Not only that, he waived the delivery fee!!! and the mattress is getting delivered tonight!  Whoo hoo!

CSC got in the way helped us as we took apart her crib and transformed it into a full size bed.  Remember how I said the crib design was discontinued?  Yeah, the rails didn't come with instructions and I had to use my awesome Google search skills to find them online.  Yeah, about halfway through we had to figure them out for ourselves because what they were telling us to do didn't match up with the pieces we had.  WTF!!  Bottom line, we got the thing together and are waiting for the mattress to be delivered.  As for a room re-do, here's a pic of what I'm ordering for CSC.  I almost went for our signature zebra pattern, but thought this was cuter.  What do you think?



Blog Hops Everyday and A Mommy's Blog Design Friday Blog Hop


Chubby Cheeks Thinks

5 comments:

  1. My little one does the whole "No, I'm a BIG GIRL" thing, too. It's really kind of funny. She also likes to tell everyone that says "Oh, what a cute little boy you have" that she is, in fact, a girl.

    We were thinking about a full size bed for her soon, too. Haven't made a firm decision. She's currently in a toddler bed because when we bought it, we were super strapped for space. The bedroom redo idea is cute. My girls would be climbing the walls to destroy it though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She climbed out of her bed tonight a couple times, but I think she'll get used to it.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty bed.
    I'm a new follower (found you at the blog hop)
    http://www.tlouisessite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Shar!
    Your newest follower from the blog hop! Love your blog! I read browsed a few posts... hilarious! :)

    xoxo ♥ -Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...