Thursday, July 12, 2012

Jillian Michaels kicked my ass

Since I have been having so much success with the paelo diet - down 7 lbs so far in 1 month - and the bouts of exercise I've been getting in make me feel better, I decided it was time to step it up.  I bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD since I know she can give results.

Since returning from Delaware (that's where I made my purchase) I've been looking at the still-wrapped DVD sitting next to the TV.  In all fairness, I did have a busy couple of days as soon as I got back to NC, but I could almost hear Jillian's voice from the DVD saying, "Get up fattie so I can kick your ass!"  I really want to be at a healthy weight and have the energy I know I can.  I'm only 34 for pete's sake!

Now, mama didn't raise no fool.  I know Jillian is tough and her workouts are no joke, but I also figured I had 20 minutes a day to complete one of her 3-2-1 cycles.  After spending most of the day being extremely lazy blaming it on the blah weather and the fact that I've been running around the like a chicken with its head cut off, I decided it was high time I took the cellophane off the case and see what Jillian had up her sleeve for me.  I go and change out of my summer uniform sundress and put on my exercise clothes.  I come back to the living room where my daughter pauses briefly from playing on my iPad to ask me what I'm about to do.  I tell her, "Mommy's going to exercise."  "Exercise?" she asks.  "I want to exercise too!"  I figure, why not, she'll be my workout buddy.  I pop in the DVD and I'm we're ready to go.  CSC has even gone to her room and put her sneakers on, too.

Jillian starts off the DVD calmly explaining that the 30 day shred is going to help me achieve all - around health and to consider her my personal trainer.  Oh goodie...she's made people on The Biggest Loser cry.  She goes on to tell me that this DVD is all about pushing myself if I want to see results. Ok, Jillian, I got you....let the torture shred begin....

I should have known after I completed the warm up and was slightly winded that I was in a little over my head.  The calm "you can do it" Jillian was gone and replaced with drill sergeant "Don't you effing think about wanting a break, bitch!"  I have to admit it was cute watching CSC do her version of the exercises and repeating after me when I said under my breath "Oh God, I'm going to die." or "I wanna barf."  We finished the first circuit and just when I was thinking, "Thank you Jesus, I survived!"  That bitch Jillian was up and running again telling me it was time to do the circuit again.  It was at that point that I had to stop.  Her workout is no joke, and I was so not ready for it.  Part of me feels defeated because I had to stop, but another part of me, the part that would have been puking her brains out in the toilet had I not stopped when I did, figured it was a good start and something I'll be working towards. I've seen the before and after pics online of people who have done the 30DS and they look amazing.  I want that.  But I also realize that while I am all about wanting to shock my system so that I see some change, I'm not interested in dying in the process.

I'll be going back to my abuser Jillian tomorrow, and hopefully I'll make it to the end of the workout.  If I do, great.  If not, I tried.  At least it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...