Monday, February 27, 2012

So, it's true what "they" say. Kind of...

I'd heard this little tidbit of info years ago about the proper ways to weigh yourself.  You should weigh yourself at the same time of day, on the same scale, wearing the same clothes, on the same day of the week.  I guess all of these factor into accurate weight measuring.  Makes sense - you want to have the most consistent results as possible.

We were able to visit my parents' house in Delaware this weekend when CSC and I went up to visit The Husband.  It's always nice to get to see my parents, and I am really looking forward to the time when we live much closer to them and can see them more often when we do - especially when it's near tax free shopping!  We went out to brunch Sunday morning and I forgot to weigh myself before we left.  I like to weigh myself before I've eaten anything - it's how I have always done it.  It think it's a superstition at this point.  Anyways, I ended up getting on the scale later that afternoon and was very upset to see the number on the scale read what it did.  It said I'd not only gained, but was very close to my starting weight.  WTF!  I got upset, and was getting discouraged.  Being in the house that we go to every year for July 4th and thinking of wearing bathing suits and skimpier clothing than sweaters and Uggs made me think back to the blog entry last summer after that annual trip to Delaware.  In that entry I reflect on my desire to lose all this weight that makes me unhappy and I even take a picture to visually document my starting point. Since then, it's been a struggle, for which I have no one to blame but myself.  I haven't lost the amount of weight I'd have liked, but I've still lost. And there's still time to lose a considerable amount by summer.

Be all that as it may, I decided to hop on the good ole Wii tonight after CSC went to bed to see if the number was still the same.  Totally expecting my weight to have gone up, imagine my surprise when not only had it NOT gone up, but I'd lost some weight since the last weigh in last Sunday!  Whoo hoo!

Current Stats:

Current weight: 181.4 lbs.

Loss/Gain: - 3.1 lbs.

Total loss to date: 9.4 lbs.

I don't feel as discouraged, and I plan on keeping it up.  I do NOT want to wear a mu mu this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...