Sunday, February 19, 2012

Singleton, Weight Gain, and The Secret

Ok, so I have a much greater appreciation for the single mom.  Not that I didn't before, but since living the lifestyle for a few months since The Husband went to DC for his new job, all I can say is, it ain't no joke parenting on your own.  Granted, we do try and see each other, but it's not as frequently as either of us would like.  Eventually, we'll be reunited under one roof again and that's the thought I hold on to.

As for my weight...HA!  It's been fluctuating the same 5 lbs for a few weeks now.  I hopped on the scale this morning hoping to see that I had lost since we took the middle school to the land lab this week and the amount of calories burned is crazy.  What's always funny is the amount of food you eat because you're burning all those calories, especially on the last day when you have been busting your ass for a week outside and are tired and you have to pack up all the gear and leave.  I thought for sure the 3 consecutive creek walks I did on Friday would have counted for something, but sadly, no.  I didn't weigh in last weekend because we were traveling back from DC and I always weigh in the morning on Sundays.  I didn't want the weigh-in to be inaccurate.

Here's this week:

Weigh in: 184.5 lbs.

Loss/Gain: + 2 lbs.

Total loss since start: -6.3

I was watching this info-mercial about Zumba this morning while I was getting CSC's breakfast together.  I've tried Zumba before and liked it - in a masochistic sort of way.  All of my g/f who do it love it and are in great shape, so perhaps the torture exercise is beneficial.  I have to do something and soon before I find my self on the show My 600 lb Life.

In other news, I watched the documentary The Secret last night because I'd always been curious about the hype surrounding the book.  I heard it basically talked about the power of positive thinking, but it was so much more than that.  This concept deals with the law of attraction and how "like attracts like".  I'm simplifying it, but it was really cool to hear the connection to science and theology.  As a matter of fact, religion and science are more connected than one would think.  Rather than do The Secret injustice with an infantile explanation, I suggest you view the documentary and/or read the book.  You honestly have nothing to lose.  Except your negative attitude. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...