Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm not the friggin' Buddah

So apparently I'm in "vacation mode" or I have a tape worm.  Either way, I cannot stop eating.  It's pretty bad.  Last night we had hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner.  An hour and a half after dinner was done, I felt the need to eat a couple cookies, another cheese burger, AND some cashews.  And I was STILL hungry!  WTF!  Am I the very hungry caterpillar or something???

At any rate, what was really disturbing was last night, I was blowing my nose because I have been "fighting" a cold for what feels like forever, and the cold has apparently won since I can't go very far without needing to either hack up a lung or blow half my brains out into a tissue.  At any rate, I feel like shit; not even NyQuil has helped.  Be that as it may, I'm there trying to blow my nose - did I mention my back has been hurting, on top of everything else, because the mattress that I have been sleeping on at my parents' is akin to sleeping on concrete - standing in such a way as to alleviate my back pain and my mother starts rubbing my belly.  Like what you do when you are trying to piss off a pregnant woman or when you see the Buddah.

Me: What the hell are you doing?!

Mom: Rubbing your belly.

Me: Uh, why?

Mom: I'm your mother; I'm allowed.
(I didn't get the memo on that one)

Me: I'm not the friggin' Buddah, Mom.  Stop doing that.

Mom: Why?

Me: Seriously?! I'm already self-conscious about my body, you rubbing my belly isn't helping.

Mom: Oh.

Really?!!!  I have to spell that out?! I didn't like having my belly rubbed when I was pregnant, what makes her think I wanted it rubbed now, especially when I'm definitely NOT pregnant!  So I've decided this is getting ridiculous.  I have to start exercising again, but I'm going to need to do it myself so I can do it on my schedule, rather than getting a trainer again and having to schedule times to work out.  I have a Wii at home.  I have a neighborhood I can walk.  There's no excuse for me not to do something.  Plus, since my stomach muscles are shot to shit, I'm thinking that if I build those up, my back won't hurt as much.

So, I've decided for my New Year's Resolution, I will do something active every day.  I'm purposely not saying "exercise" because, to me, that implies doing something specific.  I want to start small, with a little more freedom, in order to gradually get myself back into a rhythm of exercise.  This way, if I walk the block one day, but do yoga the next, I won't feel like I'm slacking because one's "harder" than the other.  I won't feel discouraged and want to give up because I'm not doing anything.  Plus, WW has revamped their program online again, and there's a way to tailor your exercise just for you.  I'm looking forward to seeing what that has to say.

So while, in my mind, I feel like my "mom body" looks more like this:




And less like this:



There is no reason why anyone should feel like it's a good idea to rub my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...