Saturday, December 24, 2011

Feast of the Seven Pounds

So, here I am at my parents' house for the holidays in great anticipation of the infamous Italian cuisine that  is the much loved tradition in my family.  What's even better is the fact that my entire family (save 3 people) will be here!  I said in my last blog, I hope to at least maintain, but I'm just hoping not to gain a whole pant size.  There is SO much ridiculously good food when it comes to an Italian Christmas, starting with the snacking that begins a few days before Christmas Eve.
On Christmas Eve, the traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes happens.  Now, while I don't eat fish - don't like the texture - I look forward to this element of Christmas.  I love watching my mom and Nana prepare all of the dishes that I remember from my childhood.

On Christmas Day, the eating begins at breakfast and doesn't stop until you go to bed. In addition to the usual Christmas fare, there are the Italian counterparts - pasta, lasagna, stuffed peppers, sausage, meatballs, antipasta.  God, I LOVE this holiday!

And the cookies!  Oh the cookies!  There are so many cookies!  My aunt makes these cookies that are dipped in chocolate on the ends and coated in sprinkles.  I eat my weight in those every time I'm with my family for Christmas.

Again, I'm hoping to maintain my weight, but if I do gain, I just hope it's minimal.  I'd hate to have to use any of gift cards Santa will hopefully bring me for new clothes for muu muus rather than any of the cute clothes in my dream wardrobe I've pinned on my Pintrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...