Thursday, July 8, 2010

I should be in bed, but...

Unfortunately, I suffer from insomnia.  Not the kind that keeps you up all night per say, but the annoying kind that doesn't allow you to fall asleep easily.  So what do I do?  I blog.  What do you do?  You read my blog and recommend reading it to all who have internet access. ;)

Tomorrow morning is my daughter's Little Gym class - which she LOVES - at 10am.  I really love taking her and seeing her interact with the other kids and doing the activities.  She's thisclose to walking on her own, so I'm hoping by the end of the summer she'll be cruising around.

                                                                                          My daughter and my dad

On the news front for my husband, he heard back from the guy at his one job and what the salary range was and what the job entailed SO did not match!  They wanted to pay him peanuts for a job that should be earning at least double what he makes now.  Oh well....back to my master plan: Operation Move Back to Jersey ;)

I made the Skinny Italian recipe Chicken Breast with Lemony Thyme Marinade and it came out good.  I also made the Sexy Italian Dressing for my salad - also good.  For the chicken recipe, I had to use the broiler setting on my oven.  Now, I've heard of a broiler and I know my mother has used one before, but I hadn't a fucking clue what the hell a broiler was or what it did.  Now, I'm no Paula Dean (how she can cook with sticks of butter and not drop dead of a clogged artery is beyond me) but I can get around a kitchen pretty well.  I needed Broiler 101 so I called my mom.  Despite this call, I still am not 100% sure I know what exactly a broiler is, but the chicken turned out good, so all is well.  Now, if I can only get my daughter to quit throwing her green beans on the floor......

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is soooo gorgeous and your dad looks so proud! I blog at night as well in bed to fall asleep and also have the TV on. I always put it on sleep as otherwise it is still going when I waske up in the morning. Oh and my daughter throws green beans on the floor too (and everythign else)! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...