Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blogging virgin....handle with care

Ok, so I've never blogged before, but I've always felt like I've had a lot of shit to say. Whether or not anyone wanted to hear it is irrelevant. I figure I'll give it a shot....

So after I got the green light from my doctor to start exercising after my c-section, I went out and found myself a personal trainer for several reasons:

a)It was my own personal "push present" for having a baby....little did I know pushing was not in the cards for me.

b)I needed to be accountable for actually going to the gym - I'm a chronic gym member...I get a membership and never use it.

c) Why torture myself when I can pay someone to do it for me?

So I found Tara, who immediately started kicking my ass and getting me to do things I never thought I could (or should) do. Having a personal trainer, albiet once a week, makes me feel like a pseudo-celebrity - without all the money and super fabulous body of course. I also went back to Weight Watchers and did pretty well - losing 15lbs fairly quickly and easily. Go me!

And then the shit hit the fan....I fell off the wagon, so to speak, and started eating whatever and whenever I wanted. I was still training with Tara, but since I wasn't following the WW program, I started gaining a little bit of the weight back. I didn't really think it was that big of a deal since my clothes were still fitting. I told myself that the scale wasn't registering me losing weight because I was building muscle. (Lie #1) My husband bought me the Jenny McCarthy Wii exercise game for Christmas, and I was going to do it every day. (Lie #2) And let's be honest, I didn't look that fat in my clothes. (Lie #3)

At one point I was a size 6, weighing 125lbs. I know I can get back there. Just because I happened to be in my mid-20s at the time of this fab body doesn't mean that I can't get back to that....does it? I see these other people who are my age and who have had babies, some of whom via c-section like myself, and they look great. I KNOW I can do it. I'm too young to call it quits on my body and settle for a dumpy shape and a lifetime of ugly one-piece bathing suits.

I know the older I get the harder it's going to be for me to lose weight - oh joy. I keep hearing that "the 30s are the new 20s" and even though I'm now a mom to a beautiful little girl, I don't want to let myself go. It's not fair to me, and it's not fair to my daughter (I know I should probably mention it being not fair to my husband either, but I'm going to be a little selfish right now) to let my body get to Stay Puff Marshmallow Man proportions. I want to be a MILF damnit and a MILF I will be.

When I started seeing my trainer, Tara, I started a journal I entitled "Project:MILF", which is what I wanted to call this blog, but apparently there are other bitches out there who snagged the title for their blogs first - whores! J/K! I still will consider this blog a step in Project:MILF and I will think of those other moms as sisters-in-crime.

1 comment:

  1. lol, funny, I came across your blog because I wanted to use your blog name.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...