Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summertime...and the livin' is easy

So today was my last day of school for the year - man it flew, THANK GOD!  I had one of the roughest years teaching since I started in 2001.  Now that it's over, I get to relax and enjoy some much needed, extended down time with myself and my family.  I'm mostly looking forward to having more "Mommy and CSC" time.

The first vacay of the year is to good old Wilmington, NC.  TJ and I constantly ask ourselves: "Why did we move away from there, again??"  There's a certain vibe there that I can't find anywhere else - even at other beach towns.  We are going there because we will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary/Father's Day.  We had originally wanted to go away to a resort, but quite frankly, it's too much for us to be spending at this time.  We'll have fun, I have no doubt.

I originally started this blog to chronicle my journey to MILF-dom.  That hasn't been a topic I've really discussed in a while!  So I decide to check out my weight - something I don't normally do - because my clothes have been fitting a little tight lately.  I'm sure due in large part to the amount of shit food I have been ingesting in the past few weeks.  I just about passed out when I got on the Wii Fit and looked at my weight.  I had gained back about 10lbs!  WTF!  Not that I didn't expect a weight gain, but talk about a slap in the face from reality!  And the ironic part is that I pay for an online subscription to WW, and I haven't touched it pretty much since they changed to the new points system.  Basically it boils down to me being plain, old lazy.  I wish it was as easy for me as it appears to be to some, but it's not.  I am going to have to work really hard if I want to get down to a weight that I am happy with, but even more importantly, I am going to have to work on getting healthier. 

As stated above, summertime and the livin' is easy. Despite the Africa heat, summer is one of my favorite times because of all the traveling I do to see family and friends.  I can't wait for my annual trip to Jersey this year.  CSC and I will be up there for about 10 days.  I know I'm going to want to do at least another weekend or 2 at the beach after that.  Other than the traveling, I get to be a SAHM and spend some much needed quality time with my beautiful daughter.  Another thing I'm looking forward to this summer - hopefully in the next couple of weeks - is hearing about a job I interviewed for.  It's at one of the community colleges and I would be teaching Developmental English.  I have taught that before and the possibility of teaching college again is so exciting.  I really hope I get this job because I desperately need a change of scenery with the whole teaching career.  But if it doesn't work, there is always prostitution. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...