Monday, June 20, 2011

Gettin ready to head back to dirty Jerz

I am so excited for my favorite time of the year - aside from Christmas - and that would be my annual trip with my daughter back home to "my people" in Jersey.  I'm excited it's summer and the weather is nice - not so excited to be back in a bathing suit - and I'm always glad to catch up with my friends who I miss all the time.  I get to see family I don't see enough of....all around good time.

Each year, we go to my parent's "Delaware mansion", as I like to call it, and spend 4th of July going to Rehobeth Beach and the boardwalk and watching the fireworks while eating Dairy Queen.  That place is one of the most peaceful places.  It's so nice just to be able to sit and relax on the back deck with a book and a nice glass of wine.  Like I said, I look forward to this trip every year.

What I don't look forward to, however, is the preparation that goes into traveling.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel.  I regret giving up a job offer out of college that would have required me to travel as a chapter consultant for my sorority.  What I don't love about traveling is packing.  And what I hate worse than packing is UNpacking.  I am convinced every time that I have forgotten something, and the funny thing is, I usually do.  What is annoying is that it's usually something of no importance (i.e. a toothbrush) and it can be easily replaced, thus not destroying my enjoyment of the trip.  It's just an irritation.  Well, my husband, daughter, and I just returned from our second home of Wilmington, NC, for our 5th anniversary/Father's Day weekend trip.  I love it there and we wonder all the time why we moved away....it really does show you don't know what you have until it's gone.  We had a great time going to the beach every day and swimming in the pool.  But now that we are home, I have a mound - quite literally - of clothes to wash before I pack them back up again for our flight on Wednesday.  Talk about being worried I'm going to forget something!  Fortunately, I'm not planning on packing much since I have no clothes really - at least none that make me happy - and I plan on doing a great deal of shopping when I'm in NJ and DE.  I always like to take advantage of the tax-free shopping when I can....who wouldn't.

I may have mentioned in my last post that I stepped back on the scale recently and hated what I saw.  I knew it was going to be ugly because my clothes had been fitting a little tightly.  I really hope that I can keep trying to work on getting it off while I'm home.  My mom is a very healthy eater and hardly ever has "junk" in her house, so I know what I eat will be good.  It's just that I saw some pics that were taken of me in my new bathing suit I bought for our trip to Wilmington, and while I thought I didn't look bad, the pics made me look like I was pregnant!  WTF!  I HATE looking at pics because I feel so discouraged, ya know.  Like, I thought I looked ok, but now I think I want to attempt home lipo just to that it doesn't look like I have more jowls than a friggin' bulldog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...