Thursday, April 26, 2012

Princess CSC turns 3!

Holy crap!  When the hell did my kid turn 3?!!?  I guess that whole "I still need to lose the baby weight" excuse really can't fly anymore.  Be that as it may, there ain't no party like a Wonder Pets party 'cus a Wonder Pets party don't stop, yo!  Once again, Princess Catherine wanted a Wonder Pets themed party, but this time she requested The Little Gym with her friends from school, so off to Pintrest I went to find everything Linny, Tuck, and Ming Ming.

Since last year I coped out and just had a cake shop put the Wonder Pets on a cake and did little in the way of decorations, I decided it was time to up the ante and do what I could to make this party awesome - at the very least have the other moms be impressed. I started off with super cute invites from Pink Pineapple Prints. I was so excited and they came out perfect.  Now on to the decorations and the most important thing - the cake, in this case, cupcakes.

I had seen several ideas on Pinterest and NickJr for ideas and I decided to try my hand at cake decorating. Now the BFF is the cake boss.  I swear, she has made every kind of friggin' cake for her kid that looks like it was done professionally, she just needs to open a bakery!  So I was hoping the cupcakes would pass her approval.  Since The Little Gym was taking care of the decorations, and they were using Wonder Pets primary colors, that cut my battle in half, and I could focus on making cute party favors and the infamous Wonder Pets cupcakes.

I was pretty pleased with my finished products...
The cupcake display

Ming Ming
For Ming Ming, I used a lot of yellow food coloring to make the yellow frosting out of the vanilla. Her pilot's hat is simply chocolate frosting, as it, and I made her goggles with just dots of black decorating frosting.  For her eyes, I used a toothpick to just take a bit of the black decorators frosting and placed it on the face.  For the beak, it's pink decorator icing with black decorator icing for the nostrils.
Tuck
For Tuck, I had to find a picture of him head-on.  I used green food coloring to make the frosting, blue and black decorators icing for the eyes, green decorators icing for the detailing on the face, black and pink decorators icing for the mouth.
Linny
For Linny, I used chocolate icing, as is, and lightened some of it with white decorators icing to make the center part of her face.  I used black decorators icing for the ears, eyes, nose, and mouth.  I put a little dab of pink decorators frosting in the mouth as an accent.
The Wonder Pets logo
For the logo, I used the same frosting I had for Ming Ming.  I used a piping tool to make the circle on the outside.  For the "W", I used red decorator icing that I spread out with toothpick to fill in the outline of the letter.  Oddly enough, this design took me the longest to do.

It was not too hard actually.  I simply got plain vanilla and chocolate icing from, of all places, The Dollar Tree.  The cupcakes were a simple vanilla cake.  I already had some piping icing, but ended up getting some more.  I used food coloring to get the icing the colors I wanted.  For Linny, I just added white icing to the chocolate until I got the lighter brown.  Prior to actually decorating the cupcakes I "mapped" them out by looking up the character pics online, using a glass to trace a circle,  and then making simple drawings to make on each cupcake.  Overall, I think they came out really well!  And the cake boss gave her approval.

And CSC had a blast with her little friends....









2 comments:

  1. Cake Boss! LOL You are cuh-razy! When you started talking about toothpicks and piping tools and shit, you lost me. The crown has been passed.

    And seriously, for all those people that are like 'why do you insist on making your kids birthday/halloween/etc shit?" So my kids can see how awesome I am, duh. I heard those other moms all like, "OMG Aimee, you made those yourself?!" Bow down, bitchez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I was hoping to impress those moms, so I guess I met that challenge. Still, I haven't made a single Halloween costume, and there ain't no way in hell I could do a checkered flag pattern on a cake. Let's quit our jobs and open a bakery. We'll call it MILF Goodies. How often do you think we'll have to turn away creepy old guys who think we're a strip club? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...